Durosol Light Roof plus granite tile Rooftop insulation
The lightest insulation on the market that offers full compatibility..
The Durosol Light Roof Plus is a modern method for the insulation of roofs, which is here to give a solution to those looking for a lightweight insulation solution with full compatibility. It is a complete solution of roof insulation and waterproofing, which generally follows the principles of Light Roof, but as a final coating on top, granite tile is placed. Thereby, we give the roof full compatibility and traffic, which means that we can use it safely and to place point loads without any risk (chairs, tables, grills, ladders, etc.).
The great advantage of this solution is the low weight. This makes it an ideal and perfectly appropriate solution for the insulation of roofs of old buildings, which may have static problems and can not support heavy weights while the tenants want to have full access to their terrace. In these cases any other insulation solution is impossible, either because it gives more weight to the roof (e.g. inverted roof insulation), or because they do not allow full compatibility (e.g. durosol light roof). We emphasize that the Durosol Light Roof Plus insulation of roofs, the extra weight on your roof will not exceed 40kg / m², when other methods for roof insulation reach as high as 200kg / m²!
Apart from that, the Durosol Light Roof Plus granite tile is a perfectly affordable economically solution, since it is more economical than the other available options for full compatibility, the inverted insulation. With its total cost for the materials that will be required and all the spin-off works, it should not exceed 38 € / m² + VAT. It is a highly efficient solution, which will not burden your building, it will provide compatibility in your terrace and, most importantly, it will save you from significant thermal losses you have had so far! Within 2-3 years, you will have demonstrably made a recoup of your money, while enjoying the cool summers and the warm winters See the detailed price list for the Durosol Light Roof Plus granite tile roof insulation
So, summing up the most appropriate solutions for the insulation of roofs are the Durosol Light Roof and the Durosol Light Roof Plus granite tile. The first is the right solution if we do not generally use your roof (e.g. only hanging of clothes, checking the solar water heater etc.), as it offers full insulation and sealing at the lowest prices on the market (20 € / m²) and adds minimum additional burden on your terrace, not exceeding 10kg / m². On the other hand, if you want a lightweight solution, but you also want to always use and take advantage of your terrace for meetings, parties, etc., the best choice for the insulation of roofs is the Durosol Light Roof Plus granite tile. At a cost below 38 € / m² and weighing less than 40kg / m², that is certainly the most attractive in its category!
1)) We check if there are any flows (slope).If there are spot problems make sure to pull stitches over these points and if the height of the cavities is less than 1cm we continue normally. Otherwise the cavities must be repaired using repair cement, which is reinforced with a fibreglass mesh. In case there is a serious problem with the flows, we create them again using lightweight concrete or better by using a different thicknesses of the insulation material.****
2)We check the roof surface. . If the final coating on the roof surface is cement, concrete or cement based material in general, we can normally take the next steps. But if there is, as a final layer, felt paper or any coating material, we must first completely dismantle them and then continue with the remaining steps.
3) Optionally, we apply two coats of Waterblock flex, the second coat at least 24 hours after the first one. This sealing layer is recommended only in case of a pre-existing waterproofing problem in manufacturing (water entry in case of rain), otherwise the first sealing layer is not considered as necessary.
4) We stick the Durosol eXternal roof (top expanded polystyrene insulating material) into plates with dimensions of 100x50cm and with a minimum thickness of 5cm, using the cement-based adhesive FGL-Thermo I. The pasting material is applied with a notched trowel over the surface and we seek 100% pasting of the Durosol external roof plate. The Durosol is placed as built-in with 2cm expansion joints from walls, parapets and 0,5cm / 10m. At points with problematic flows, we pull stitches with the pre-calculated thickness Durosol external roof, so when doing the pasting we can bring the Durosol face to face with the stitches, filling from the bottom with the FGL-Thermo I
* The joint with the parapets is not filled with adhesive, polyurethane foam or other filling material, only with self-swelling film. In any case the filling of the joint is not necessary.
5)) We apply the FGL-Thermo III across the surface of the Durosol with a notched spatula 1x1cm. As it is still fresh, we boxi the 5x5mm 160gr / m² fiberglass mesh with the smooth side of the trowel. For best results the fiberglass mesh overlaps 10cm.
ATTENTION! THE TEMPERATURE OF APPLICATION IS 5 ° – 35 ° C, WHILE THE FGL-THERMO III IS MIXED WITH 7 LITERS OF WATER PER 25 Kg, NO MORE. THE SURFACE SHOULD NOT BE PRESSED FOR UP TO 4 DAYS AFTER THE APPLICATION OF THE FGL-THERMO III. IN CASE OF HIGH WEATHER TEMPERATURE (> 35 ° C) IT IS RECOMMENDED TO WET THE MORTAR (A SPRAYING AFTER THE APPLICATION AND ONE IN THE NEXT MORNING). WE DO NOT APPLY A SECOND COAT. THE SURFACE, BY BOXING THE FIBERGLASS MESH WILL HAVE A “WAFER” ASPECT, SO WE PASS THE SPATULA 2 TIMES OVER THE FRESH MORTAR TO SMOOTHEN IT. THE FGL-THERMO III TAKES 24-48 HOURS (DEPENDING ON THE TEMPERATURE AND THE HUMIDITY OF THE ENVIRONMENT) BEFORE ANY RAIN TO “BIND” AND TO NOT CAUSE ANY DETERIORATION OF MORTAR.
6) After the FGL-Thermo III “binds” we apply one coat water epoxy 2-component primer and then we apply two coats, crosswise, of a polyurethane coating material with a roll. Attention, the second coat must be applied at least 24 hours later, we do not put any solvent in the sealing material and the surface must be clean and dry before starting this step.
7) We place the granite tiles of the customer’s choice (maximum and minimum dimensions 33x33cm 8mm thick) with Vicolith acrylic flex white. We create joints per 3,5m, which are sealed with polyurethane mastic. For the filling of the remaining joints, we are using elastomeric acrylic stucco.
8) Finally, we seal the joints with polyurethane mastic with queues (e.g. solar water heaters, antenna, etc.).