Styrofoam – Expanded Polystyrene
What is the foam that the expanded polystyrene?
Expanded polystyrene (EPS – Expanded PolyStyrene) is nothing else than the scientific name of the known to all of us POLYSTYRENE. It is a light white material made from plastic granules, with several uses, particularly in insulation and construction. When these granules of styrofoam swell, they stick together and thus the standard polystyrene plates are created, which come in various sizes.
Our company has more than half a century of experience in producing and marketing of the styrofoam (expanded polystyrene) and of insulating materials in general, enhancing the Greek production. We have several certifications both as a company and for our products, and with the machinery that we have we can produce and cut the foam in any size and dimensions desired for you. Also, we can provide you the styrofoam ball as well, about which you can read the details below.
Properties of the Expanded Polystyrene
Styrofoam is widely used and has many fields of application. This is because the Styrofoam (expanded polystyrene) has the following properties, among others:
- Excellent insulating properties
- Very high mechanical strength
- Very high mechanical strength
- Excellent seismic properties
For this reason, the Styrofoam is the best solution for complex construction demanding, saving you time and money.
1) The first and most important use of styrofoam is for insulation. Our company produces advanced thermal insulating styrofoam 3G, the Durosol, which you can see in detail here. It is a greek product, the result of research and development of 17 years and the best quality Styrofoam on the market.
More information about the external thermal insulation and roof insulation can be found in these links.
2) In addition, you can use styrofoam sheets for product packaging, since the styrofoam protects them and keeps them intact. In this case contact us directly to tell us the exact size you want and the amount of Styrofoam, in order to be fully served.
A third use of polystyrene, the expanded polystyrene that is, (styrofoam beads) is as a filling material, to build poufs, armchairs, chairs and other artifacts. The Styrofoam beads / balls we produce are specific for this use, with a grain size of 1-2 mm or 3-5 mm, depending on what suits you best. Contact us for more details if you wish for a styrofoam ball, and note that the price is 5,90 € / kg + vat. (Special prices for large orders – indicative price 3,70 € / kg + VAT for orders over 500 kg). What is also available is recycled Styrofoam beads / balls at 4,85 € / kg + VAT. (For orders over 500 kg the price is 3 € / kg + VAT).
Regarding the dimensions of styrofoam, because we produce at our plant in Aspropyrgos, we have great flexibility in dimensions, especially thicknesses. Specifically, our Styrofoam is produced in all thicknesses from 1 to 50 cm, while it is readily available is styrofoam in thicknesses of 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 and 10 cm.
Besides that, we should inform you that, having the care and protection of the environment always in mind, we undertake the recycling of styrofoam completely free, which you may already have and want to throw away. So if you do not want some quantities of styrofoam, do not throw them away but please contact us on 210 574 74 74, to receive and to recycle it.